Saturday, May 07, 2005

My Sincere Thanks.

Since you all patiently read through or around the post that sat up here for the last two months, I ask that, after you've read it once, you skip past this one for a week or so. I want everyone who helped out to get a chance to see it.

The Walk to D'Feet ALS was yesterday in Wrightsville Beach. Chad of Dublin Saab came along for our three mile trek around the area, in which we took a circuitous route from Wrightsville Beach Park down to the ocean and returning back to the park. It was a pleasant if overcast day with temperatures in the low 70's--a fine day for a stroll by the Atlantic. I met the other walkers from the UNCW graduate student association, had some great conversation, got my promised ball cap and T-shirt, and generally had a good time while helping out this important cause.


Wilmingtonians walking for a cure Posted by Hello


But this post isn't ultimately about me; it's about you, the incredibly generous folks who read, sympathized, and/or contributed financially regarding this charity. And so, I would like to recognize:

Claudia Smyczek Raleigh and Mark Raleigh, who pushed us well in advance of our erstwhile goal with their huge donation.

My parents, Mr. and Mrs. Smyczek, who can be reliably counted on to contribute to whatever crusades their children undertake.

Michael Zilliox and Melvina Kleverova-Zilliox, whose kindness extends far beyond this singular instance.

Last, but certainly not least, Natalie Miller-Moore, Dan Moore and lovable mutts Bailey and Luna (who know doubt sacrificed their allowance to help).


The people who you are helping out appreciate your graciousness, and so do I. With yours and contributions like yours, about $90,000 was raised by the event.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! Those kinds of events always give me a feeling of hunanity - seeing so many people, not just CARING about something, but DOING something positive about it.
Melvina Kleverova Zilliox

Mon May 02, 08:56:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is the most unusual name I've ever heard. How cool! And I thought I was weird growing up Claudia Smyczek.

Mon May 02, 12:46:00 PM EDT  
Blogger JPS said...

Hello Mel,
Thanks for stopping by. The spelling of your name (I found the social business card, which I should have consulted in the first place) has been corrected in the original post. And yes, it's the coolest name ever.

Mon May 02, 01:41:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home