Saturday, January 07, 2012

Day Seven: Still Standing

Still around for another day, as the finish line begins to appear in the distance. I have no scale and hence can't tell with any certainty (I never would have viewed daily weighing of myself as a priority, anyway), but I imagine that I've probably lost about five pounds through the first six days. Once again, I'm looking to trim the waistline and to look and feel healthier, so the pounds were never really that big of an issue for me. Because I've heard that various severely low-cal diets (which, after all, is what this is) can cause the body to consume muscle while leaving fat, I've been using free weights and noting the results to make sure that I'm not losing any strength (I'm not).

Following yesterday's poorly chosen distribution of juice, I went back to the format that I'd been doing previously: roughly three servings, around noon, 5pm and 9pm.

12:00 noon: About 20 ounces, juice of three-quarters of a pineapple (ungodly delicious), one grapefruit and some cranberries--a fine start to the day. This was followed by a walk/occasional sprint at the beach with Rachel and the dogs. While technically this only counts for two miles, walking and running in sand burns off considerably more calories than moving over hard and level pavement, so I think I did okay.

6:45 pm: About 20 ounces juice of a number of hot house and roma tomatoes, two carrots, and some mixed greens (spinach, lettuces). This was followed immediately by a three-mile walk downtown with Rachel and the dogs. Rather than walk the loop around Greenfield Lake, which is how I usually pile up the ridiculous mile totals, I decided to give the legs a light day and to push for a higher total again tomorrow. Afterward took a three-mile walk downtown with Rachel and puppies.

10:30 pm-ish: Another pint-or-so of tomato juice (more like puree, as the juicer was acting up) with a habanero and some worcestershire and freshly ground black pepper. I wasn't actually hungry any longer (I'm usually not in the evenings), but don't want to drop the calorie content too low and sacrifice necessary energy or nutrients. Plus, had to get rid of the giant box of tomatoes purchased a couplle of days ago on discount before they all rotted, and to make room for the new box of romas that I just bought at the same place.

So that does it: days, seven; miles, 83. See you on day eight.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home