Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Still More Stirring Tales of a Juice Fast: Day Three

12:00 noon: As we enter the waking hours of day three, I have to admit that the times I like best about this program are the ones in which I am asleep. That noted, sleep takes its usual appetite suppressant effect, so that once again I wake up feeling all right and not hungry. The prospect of getting a lot of walking in today, however, is looking iffy based upon the fact that it's about 29 degrees out. We'll see how tough I'm feeling after some brunch juice and waking up a bit more.

Weirdly, the accidental reading choice of Hesse's Siddhartha is a perfect fit for the austerity program that I've put myself on. Perhaps I'll try to pair book selections with the program deliberately to see if it helps lend perspective.

1:45 pm: 16-20 ounces: two tangerines, two kiwi, red grapes, cranberries, two carrots, one granny smith apple, plus 800mg ibuprofen.

6:00 pm: Following ten-mile (medium pace) walk (I toughed it out), twenty ounces juice: apple, grapefruit, tangerine, two carrots, cranberries, followed by pint of San Pellegrino with lime and 800mg ibuprofen.

9:30 pm: Following three-mile walk, quart of juice: canned tomatoes, two oranges, one tangerine, two carrots, red lettuce, spinach, followed by pint of San Pellegrino with lime. Based upon review with the girlfriend, have concluded that this may be the end of the diet in liquid form. Since I regularly eat fresh fruit and veggies anyway, I'm going to see if I can simply finish the ten days consuming them in solid form. It's few-to-no additional calories, and may leave me less hungry, given the presence of indigestible roughage. Other rules remain the same: no caffeine, no alcohol.

Totals: three days of juice only, 36 miles walked.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home