Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Still Juicing: Day Four

Despite my threat in yesterday's post to abandon juicing in favor of a fruit-and-veggie-solids-only diet, I've decided to stick with just juice for at least a little while longer, trying some different kinds of foods to see if I can't make it work the way that I would like to.

Woke up shortly after six this morning, having fallen asleep only five hours earlier, but felt refreshed nevertheless. There's a legend that these diets make people require less sleep, but thus far I'm going to chalk it up to coincidence and remain skeptical on that point.

12:30 pm: Following 14-mile (frequent breaks) standard-pace walk, had 32 ounces of juice: one granny smith apple, one orange, two small, ripe bananas, one ripe plantain, cranberries, two oranges, three tangerines. It was delicious, but I now have to budget my two remaining juices or else have them both for "dinner" around nine. Incidentally, the long walk takes me to 50 miles--halfway home!

5:30 pm: Following a two-mile walk, stopped at the local produce shop for some radishes, a pineapple, and the whole box (probably seven or eight pounds) of the blemished tomatoes that they doubtless either take home or throw out at the end of the day. The incredibly cool Mexican woman who runs the shop sold me all of them for three bucks, so I have at least several days worth of juicing tomatoes before they go off. Drank about 25 ounces of tomatoes (roma and hot house), radishes (which produce more juice and taste better than I thought they would) and spinach. I may cheat a little (I have walked 16 miles, after all) and go slightly over the daily 64-ounce limit by having some more yummy tomato juice with worcestershire, hot sauce, and freshly ground black pepper later--a virgin mary nightcap, if you will.

Totals: four days, 52 miles walked.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Krystle-Rose said...

good job! day 4 was hard for me!! But we did it!

Wed Jan 04, 10:27:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home