Sunday, January 08, 2012

Day Eight: One Goal Down, One to Go

Awoke feeling splendid this morning. Since we're at 83 miles, one huge effort will get me to my goal two days early. I'm shooting for it, but who knows?

11:00 am: About a pint of juice: cranberries, a green apple, one grapefruit, one tangerine, some red grapes. Followed by walk of 18 (!) miles. One toe is bleeding as a badge of honor. That, however, put me at 101 miles, and while I have no plans to spend the next two days sitting around doing nothing, I could if I wanted to, as I'm pretty sure that there are no negative yardage plays in life, and the mark is secure. Uncork the sparkling carrot juice! Wait, what? There's no such thing? Damn.

6:30 pm: About a quart of tomato (romas and hot house), mixed salad greens, carrots, and a habanero. (Incidentally, Blogger keeps underlining the spelling of that pepper whenever I write it to indicate that it's spelled incorrectly. Dear Blogger, that is how you spell the word for a commonly eaten pepper in two continents. Update your dictionary.) Mixed in some sriracha sauce for spice and variety.

Skipped the late meal, even though I had some juice allowance left. Sometimes you just don't want to clean the damned juicer one more time before bed. On that note, has anyone else noticed how stray vegetable matter clogs the pipes? I had not included a Drain-o allotment in my juice fast budget, but perhaps I should have.

In any case, onward and upward to day nine, already drooling about spicy cabbage for dinner on Wednesday. Did I say dinner? Okay, drooling over Spanish toast and a plantain-and-soy-milk smoothie for breakfast Wednesday. Okay, I know that these are things that few people drool over, but: A) about damned anything sounds good when you haven't eaten in ten days; and B) none of this will have done me much good if I have a glass of oatmeal porter with a six-egg omelet  come my first day of freedom.

Weigh-in at the doctor's office (for something completely unrelated) tomorrow: days, eight; miles walked, 101.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home