Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Vegan January: Day Eleven

Dear everyone,

I know that no one in his or her right mind would read someone else's dietary blog on a regular basis, so you may all be forgiven for that. In fact, I would probably think you a bit odd if you did follow the dietary blog of a stranger with any great passion. As an educator, I can, in fact, recommend many better, more entertaining, and more informative reading resources; you need only ask.

That said, I have decided that I rather enjoy both the therapeutic function and record-keeping aspect of dietary blogging, so while the juice fast ended with breakfast (in the literal sense) this morning, I've decided to keep a dietary journal going at least until the end of January, to record the longer experiment with veganism.

8:30 am: Juice fast ends modestly, with a smoothie: one ripe plantain, about a cup of soy milk, and some frozen blackberries, along with 800mg ibuprofen for the fubarred right shoulder. This is followed by a brisk five-mile walk from Downtown Wilmington to UNCW. Since I did not sleep much (up working on the cursed PhD applications), I immediately decided to jump off the juice fast's "no caffeine" policy and had a cup of yesterday's reheated coffee. Ugh. I could have done without that for another ten days. It did its job, though.

12:30 pm: About one cup of Rice Chex mixed with salted peanuts.

5:00 pm: Two medium-sized carrots, cut into sticks, served with sriracha sauce.

9:00 pm: One serving of whole wheat pasta penne served with a tomato sauce made from yesterday's juice scraps. I think we get extra green points for finding soup and sauce uses for the leftovers instead of tossing them, an option now that I'm eating solid food again. Woo!

10:00 pm: Two-mile walk with Rachel and dogs.

Totals: 11 days; 129 miles.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Krystle-Rose said...

I wanna know how your stomach did after the food... let me know! Good job!

Thu Jan 12, 05:27:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home