Friday, January 13, 2012

Vegan January: Day Thirteen

Today was a bit of a letdown from the pace of late: idiotic planning (setting my alarm this morning for 7:30 pm--well done, genius) made me badly late for work, so I had to install a new battery in the scooter on the fly and ride in instead--no walk for me. Since we went out to dinner (first time going out to eat since the fast began) and didn't get back home until Downtown would be populated by weekend drunks, that effectively killed the possibility of a late-night walk with the dogs, so I have my first essentially zero-exercise day since the beginning of the month. Lame.

12:30 pm: About a cup of snack mix consisting of Rice Chex and peanuts.

8:30 pm: Dinner at Ida Thai, a restaurant at Carolina Beach with Rachel's boss and coworkers. Had fried tofu triangles with sweet-and-sour sauce as an appetizer, and a fairly large portion of pan-seared tofu, bell peppers, onions, green beans, and zucchini with steamed white rice and a garlic black bean sauce--still vegan, so far as I could tell. It's not the healthiest day on record, I suppose, but hell, it's Friday. Can't be a Buddhist monk every moment.

Totals: days, 13; miles walked, holding at 142.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home